Part 2 of the Unconditional Love Blog by Choose Again
For loving healthy relationships and happy homes get clearer about when love is unconditional and when it’s need.
Hint: Unconditional Love isn’t obligation, tolerating bad behaviour or bargaining.
Unconditional love sounds like:
- “I don’t need you to shield me from pain or discomfort. I need to learn from mistakes to grow.”
- “You don’t need to take care of my emotions I’m learning to do that myself.”
- “Loving you means not doing everything for you at my expense. Or vice versa.”
- “I don’t need to tolerate abuse, neglect or other deal breakers to love you unconditionally.”
- “Please just hear me and accept me, I don’t need you to fix me.”
From the Choose Again Blog
Liz Coleman, RTC, is a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor based in Surrey, BC. She specializes in anxiety, anger, insecurity, and relationship problems. If you have any questions about this article or would like to schedule an appointment, please call Ms. Coleman at (604) 809-8947 or use the convenient form on her Contact page.