In-Person Counselling Sessions
Updated: July 21, 2022
The Spaces Between Counselling now offers in-person counselling sessions Monday to Saturdays.
Online and Phone counselling sessions are also available Monday through Saturday. Online and Phone sessions are helpful and convenient when time or mobility is limited.
In-person counselling sessions offer several advantages over online or phone sessions. First, being physically present with your counsellor creates a more personal and empathetic connection. This connection builds trust and rapport, which is crucial for successful therapy. Additionally, in-person sessions allows me, as your counsellor, to read body language and nonverbal cues, which can help me better understand and respond to your needs. Finally, in-person sessions offer a safe and confidential space for clients to share their concerns.
Stage 3 of BC’s Restart Plan and What that Means for In-Person Counselling Sessions
The COVID-19 virus and its variants continue to be present in the world and our community. Therefore for everyone’s safety, it’s important that we all (vaccinated and unvaccinated) take precautions to help prevent transmission of the virus.
Please cancel your in-person session or change it to a phone or online session, if you:
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days, or
- You (or someone in your household) are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms within the last 14 days (including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness or difficulty breathing).
Upon arriving for your in-person session:
- Please use the hand-sanitizer provided.
- Be aware of maintaining a safe distance with no hugs or handshakes.
- Mask wearing is not mandatory during the session but is left to your discretion
- The cancellation and reschedule window is 24 hours for In-Person. And will have the usual $65 fee for cancellations or reschedules within that time. If you’re feeling sick, then the session will be changed to phone or online instead. Let me know as soon as possible to find a good option for you.
- We will not be providing water or tea at this time. Please bring your own beverage if desired.
- If you like to take notes, please bring your own paper and pen.
Considering Counselling with Liz for the First Time?
We have New Client options. When booking for the first time you may choose a standard session or one of these introductory options:
- a 15-minute, free phone or online video consultation, or
- a "Try It Out" 30-minute phone counselling session for $30.
To book your introductory consultation, click on the Schedule Now button in the lower right of your screen, and select New Client Options.
For your health and safety, the following in-office protocols are being followed by us:
- Washing my hands between each client.
- Sanitizing furniture and other points of contact (door handles) between clients.
- Removing any fidget toys, blankets, pens and paper that may be touched by multiple people and not easily sanitized.
Updated: July 20, 2021